The Blob

Sunday, November 14, 2004

The Presinator


Arnold Schwarzenegger in Tokyo (Courtesy msnbc.com)

MSNBC is running a story of a new ad campaign seeking support to change the US Constitution to allow a foreign born, naturalized US citizen to run for president. It's being paid for by a group of supporters of California Govenator Arnold Schwarzenegger, and frankly, the thought has my attention. Positively.

After the recent election, I sat back and thought, "is this the best we can do?" If you're reading this, you were probably passionate about the election one way or another, but I was frankly disappointed in both candidates. We live in too important a time to settle for mediocrity and tired ideas. Frankly, I find the Democrats have veered way too far to the left, and conversely, the Republicans have drifted way too far to the right. For someone in the middle, it's a pretty lonely place to be.

Enter Arnold. He has qualities and beliefs sure to piss off both parties. And that's exactly why I like him. I like this idea because both the parties are so bound by their respective dogmas and hardened beliefs that I feel they're both out of touch with reality. If the presidency is the next job to get outsourced to a foreigner, it's one job I'll bless.

Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home