The Blob

Thursday, December 26, 2002

Highly Recommended: Two very twisted but funny games

In my morning news perusal, I came across an article on the msnbc.com site titled, Michael Jackson baby-dangling video game. I am not making this up. Apparently, some wonderfully certified wackos at a site called Madblast.com created an online game in which the object is to catch the falling babies being tossed over a balcony by The King Of Pop himself.

This is sick. Twisted. Perverted. And hilariously funny. The worst part is that I started playing immediately. Furiously whipping my cursor to and fro, I frantically tried to catch the falling babies on my screen into a basket, while dodging the dreaded spiders he tossed with equal abandon. I scored a 650 (average parenting level).

There is something really disturbing about a society that laughs at something like this. But count me in. I'm as cynical as the next guy.

Hey, while we're on the subject of crass, tasteless and downright sexist trash, be sure to check out another game from Madblast.com: I want Boobies for Christmas. It's a heartwarming little tale that is sure to be a holiday favorite.

Crass and disgusting this all may seem, in a bizarre way, there's something good about our ability to laugh at Michael Jackson's parenting techniques or Zen and the art of silicone mammaries. That we can laugh at absurdity is much better than the opposite: embracing a world of intolerance. To some people on the opposite side of the world from where I sit, that might be heresy worthy of a fatwah death by stoning. That only makes me laugh at them. But being able to laugh has a value that some will never understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home