The Blob

Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Official Christmas Blog

How original of me. I'm the 347,000th person to stamp a blog on Christmas day. I won't bore you with a litany of what I got for Christmas, because I got nothing. And that's exactly what I wanted. Nothing. I'm not complaining either. Think of it this way: where would I put it?

Frankly, I can't think of anything I wanted, much less needed. Not materially anyway. Instead, what I did want was for the flu I got to end (the other week, I went in for a flu shot, and yes, it gave me the flu). I also hoped that the cold my wife is suffering from would abate. I also got one more gift: it seems so far that Mr. bin Laden and his slimeball comrades appear to be taking the day off. How thoughtful.

I am thankful for our improving health, for being able to sleep in, for being together with my wife and kitten, and for beautiful weather outside (which we will soon be strolling together under). I did buy my wife some new music, and earlier this year, we bought ourselves a new gas cooktop stove that my wife desperately wanted. To see her happy is all that I could ask for.

So I got nothing. And I'm happy about it. I wish others could feel the same way.

I wish for people to smile today, and to remember each other. I hope that you'll give someone a break in traffic. And that when you smile at someone today, that you mean it. After all, it's the little things that count.

Happy holidays. I mean that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home