The Blob

Saturday, October 12, 2002

To my wife

How many of us take time to thank our loved ones for just being them? For remembering things we forget. For doing little things to help you get out the door on time in the morning. For listening to you when you've had a bad day. For cooking. Or cleaning up. Or doing an errand because you don't have time. For just being there. And for being there in your corner every day.

That's my wife. If my life was a jigsaw puzzle before, she is the missing piece that makes my puzzle complete. If I stop to think why my life is good, and why it's better now than it was 8 years ago, I don't have to think very hard. I'm not lonely any more, because someone loves me. I'm not worried any more, because someone is thinking of me. I'm happy, because someone laughs with me, and makes me laugh. I feel strong inside, because I have someone who is living life with me.

Every day there is a smile. A hug. A happy, comforting voice. And a voice of encouragement.

All of this is because of Rita, my wife.

I can't do enough for her. My deepest hope is that I will remember these words. Every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home