The Blob

Thursday, August 22, 2002

iPod, therefore, I am

I used to worry about the voices inside my head. That was before I got an iPod. Now, instead of hearing, "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" I envelop my world in music. (Wasn't this the same technique used in One Flew Over The Cuockoo's Nest?) Seriously though, my iPod is what I've been dreaming about all my life. It's more than a thousand songs in my pocket (favorite new pick-up line: Is that a thousand songs in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?). It's a thousand moods. For the first time, I can create a theme for whatever I'm doing. It's like being an acoustical interior decorator.

Secretly, we all live in our own Rotoscope world. We're all Walter Mittys. We just don't admit to it publicly or on The Oprah Show. My iPod makes all this happen. In Technicolor. And at the risk to being dragged away by Federal Marshalls, I will admit to this: I even drive with my iPod. So, arrest me already.

But you'll never be able to take my iPod away. iPod, therefore, I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home