The Blob

Thursday, August 22, 2002

Those darned figure skaters

Classical music has been ruined for me. Don't get me wrong. I love classical music. I love a lot of different music - in-yer-face rock and roll, cafe latte jazz, alternative, you name it. But please spare me your In Sync or Mariah Carey. It's so last year. Besides, all the pop singers whine when they sing. And did I mention that I am allergic to commercial music? You get the idea.

So how does figure skating ruin my love of classical music? Just this. Here I was at work, serenaded by this lovely medly I'd assembled of Chopin, Beethoven, Bizet and Vivaldi on my iPod (playing through speakers in my office) when WHAM! It hit me! I could not think of these beautiful pieces without saying to myself, "A double-toe-loop! A toe-double-axel! And into a sit-spin!" I started trembling to see if....DAMNIT! SHE MISSED HER TRIPLE LUTZ!!!!

Dick Button, I'll get you for this. It's all your fault. Wait! That's it!! I'll blame this all on the Russian mob. Yeah, that's the ticket. Thank God this doesn't happen when I listen to The Doors. Yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home