The Blob

Saturday, January 04, 2003

Blue like I've never seen it before.

To understand me is to know that sleep is my friend. On a Saturday, if I can get away with it, four horses could not drag me out of bed. But during the week, I'm up early. And despite being deprived of my morning Starbucks until a bit later, walking outside on a southern California dawn is worth the effort. Especially yesterday.

The pre-dawn glow was just amazing. The sky was a turquoise like I've never seen before. And I've been witness to thousands of sunrises. The clouds above were painted these incredible hues of red, orange and pink. The colors of sunrise are fleeting, lasting but a few minutes. But for those who drag their butts out to greet the new day are rewarded for it.

If I only had the mental faculties to have grabbed my digital camera as I walked out. But I didn't. As it was, this explosion of color came and went all too quickly. But I will remember it the rest of my life. It's frustrating to try to describe verbally colors, hues and a glow that goes beyond what words can describe. And there is a loneliness in not being able to share it with anyone else. But if you don't get up to greet the new day, set your clock a bit earlier. Trust me. It's well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home