The Blob

Friday, January 03, 2003

Just Java and me.

I'll admit it: I've been having an affair for 6 years. And my wife approves. Okay, let me explain about this tryst with my girlfriend: I'm madly in love with Java, our cat. No, silly, it's not that kind of love, but the stupid, head-over-heels love any decent human feels toward their pet. She's such a magical little animal with so much personality, it's simply impossible not to love her.

There's nothing like coming home to your dog or cat, knowing that they're on the other side of the door, desperately waiting for you to come in. You can't put a price on the greeting we get every night when we come home. And my wife understands if Java snuggles up with one of the two of us at night, especially if it's me. It's not surprising to wake up at 4 AM and realize that this 12 lb. cat has somehow managed to move me to the edge of the bed, and gotten me to curl myself around her, keeping her warm and happy.

Just how does she manage to do that?

And since she was a little kitten, we've brushed her every morning when we take a shower. No morning goes by without her jumping on our bathroom counter, eagerly waiting to be brushed. (We started it when she first encountered fleas. The little pests are long gone, thanks to Advantage, but the tradition remains.) She gets so very excited and purrs like a Ferrari at idle. To see her tilt and push her head to and fro to get me to brush her in a particular area is hilarious. And when she's really happy, she'll stand on her hind legs and give my head a hug with her paws. It never fails to melt my heart.

I'm such a softie. She has me wrapped around her little paw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home