The Blob

Monday, December 30, 2002

A great Christmas tradition

Oh, holy night. Our Christmas was spent quietly at home, with me trying to shake off the remains of the flu (courtesy of a flu shot) and my wife nursing a cold. Not having much more energy than to take cold medicine and sip tea, we scanned the cable channels for uplifting Christmas content. And find it we did: on Bravo, we came across what is quickly becoming a family tradition (which puts a twist on the word family): A Godfather trilogy marathon.

Nothing says Christmas better than a night of malevolent Mafia cinema. It makes me feel so very....ruthless. And isn't that what Christmas is all about?

Still, I have to hand it to Francis Ford Coppella. Godfather I and II were great films. Violent, bloody, yes, but it is a "family" movie after all. It's what the holidays are all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home